Tuesday, April 19, 2011

it doesn't get any better than this, part 2...

Just to continue with my last few thoughts:

#7: Running in the rain.

The past few runs I have had (haha, runs...) in Highland Park have been on gorgeous, sunny, 60 degree days. The sweat was like a river (like the Colorado River) down my back. There were tons of people out to see me look appalling. Today, however, my run was in Pittsburgh's disgusting, 50 degree, pouring down rain weather. It was glorious!! I felt so refreshed and renewed. My iPod even stopped working and I think I could've gone for another like 3 miles....okay maybe another block.

If you like running/walking and you live in Pittsburgh, you should consider joining Truly Tricia and I for the Susan G. Komen Race For the Cure on May 8. It's going to be a great time and for a truly fantastic cause.

#8: friends.

i feel like i may have put this in my last post, but it bears repeating. for how lonely i was in september, i feel so truly blessed to have the friends i have now. here are some pix with them that i look good in (sorry for friends who got left out bc i took a bad picture with you haha).





#9: hugs from 2-yr-olds and races w/ 5-yr-olds

So with little kids you sometimes never know how much they like you. they might be just tolerating you until mom gets home...or maybe they're real shy around you and intimidated. i know there were certain people i was super shy around as a child bc they had a weird beard or a big belly or a loud laugh. or they would tickle me until i peed my pants (ahem..uncle freakin kerry). or they smelled funny. i don't have a weird beard or anything but i am kind of loud sometimes...so anyway, sometimes kids can be shy. on sunday, the younger brother of one of my youth and asked me if i would play with him. now, i've said hi to this kid, told him he was awesome, attempted to give him a high five (shut down!) and so on. and he usually hides behind his mom's legs. so, for him to come to me and ask me to play....well. how the heck could i say no?!?! plus we ran races and had a pirate adventure. does it get any better than that?

and then yesterday, i was babysitting for my lil pal ian. ian was absolutely not a happy camper because mommy was leaving. but. within 2 hrs of babysitting, he was already shoving play dough in my mouth (a clear sign of affection from any toddler), and letting me share his dino-nuggets (seriously, an HONOR). when i was leaving, he gave me a big ol' hug, then ran to his daddy and said, "da-da, i gave her a hug!" warmed my heart!

okay, i think that's all i've got before i get too sappy and boring. keep posting your "it doesn't get any better than this" moments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment