Saturday, April 9, 2011

for the fat kid in all of us...

when i was in high school, my mother used to tell us that she loved us the way a fat kid loves cake. i recognize that this is in a song by 50 cent. nonetheless, my mom and 50 cent have virtually nothing in common:


(50 cent)


(my mom and gma...cracking up mind you)

for one thing, my mom wears all of her underwear in her pants. for another thing, it should be illegal for 50 cent to wear a shirt (possibly the opposite for my mother...simply bc she's a mom). though, 50 cent and my mom probably have a comparable amount of bling bling......

anyway, as i was saying about fat kids loving cake. this coming week is insanely busy for me. i work 2 jobs and both of them i work extra this week. plus i'm a full-time student in the middle of midterms. needless to say, i'm looking forward to thursday at 11:30 when life takes a short break. so i decided to blog about all the comfort things (like cake for fat kids) that get me through weeks like this (a slight copy from my fabulous future roomy Truly Tricia's blogs about her favorite things).

#1: freshly cleaned sheets

i wish i could copy and paste the smell of my sheets into this blog. just know, it's the best homey feeling in the world.

#2: chips and salsa


For the absolute best salsa ever: jack's special salsa (medium). available at costco. warning: i legitimately ate this for 5 meals straight...errr...two times in my life. this can cause 1: serious gas like you have never had in your life. 2: possibly the feeling you have a brick laying in your colon.

#4: fleetwood mac
absolutely one of my favorite bands. always reminds me of home and happiness. this song, rhiannon, i was almost named after (thank God i was not...i don't want people thinking i'm anything like rhianna), but instead my parents decided to name me after lindsey buckingham...who is a man. guess you can't win em all.

#5: dressing up

i know for most people, they wear sweatpants to make it through finals or midterms or w/e. for me, i love looking cute, and i get more accomplished when i'm put-together. so look out boys! the skirts are comin out!!! (reminds me curiously of the commercial years back with "i'm comin' out" playing and everyone's belly-buttons were singing.........)

#6: freshly brewed coffee

i recommend 8-o'clock coffee for those of us who refuse to drink folgers out of principle, yet are too poor for delicious, scrum-diddly-umptious dunkin donuts coffee. it's good enough (especially if my mom is the one making it). and if that isn't good enough, potentially drop a little bailey's action in there and it's all good.

#7: harry potter time

even when i have to read about 1000 pages for class, i make 15 min to re-read harry potter (possibly for the 7th time, yikes!!). i just feel better when i read harry. for those of you who have not had the pleasure, please watch this video:




that's all i got for now. what are your comfort foods and habits when times get stressful?

1 comment:

  1. #1 That is exactly what my mom used to/still says! Too funny!!
    #2 You make me laugh incredibly hard!
    #3 We will always have dunkin donuts coffee in our apartment...my treat;p
    #4 That commercial is one of my all time favorites!!!
    #5 We should have monthly Harry Potter marathons in our apartment!

    I love you girlfriend! You are definitely becoming my soul sister:)

    ReplyDelete